Saturday, September 24, 2005

View of Mountains Through Trees, Portugal


View of Mountains Through Trees, Portugal
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

I have been editing pictures and tonight I cropped this image from a photo that I took during a trip to Portugal in July of 2001. I took this photo from a car on a switchback road that wound through the mountains, and I tried to capture the view while moving at high speeds. The strange and beautiful Portuguese landscape was worth capturing, but I could only get a glimpse of it through the trees. Seeing things at high speed is just the way it is now. So often I wish I had more time for a trip, for a conversation, for a visit. But we can either regret that the time we have is too short, or we can take the brief glimpse we get and make the most of it.

No comments: