Saturday, April 01, 2006

Crocus Convention


Crocus Convention
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Yesterday the temperature shot up to 75 degrees, and apparently the flowers took notice! A bunch of crocuses that had been closed the previous day were suddenly wide open! I liked the patterns and colors so well that I took a picture with my phonecam. When I looked at the image today, I was bothered by one flower in the upper left that looked more white than purple, and because it was in the corner, was too much of a distraction for the composition. So I opened the image in Painter IX and using digital airbrush, I put a transparent layer of very light purple over some areas of the flower. It is a very subtle change, but I am announcing it here in the interest of full disclosure.

No comments: