Saturday, August 12, 2006

Blue Mountains Day 1


Blue Mountains Day 1
Originally uploaded by randubnick.

Over the past few days, I have been working on a painting of the Colorado mountains. Last week while I was in Colorado Springs, you could see that it was raining in the mountains, and the colors were great. That is what was on my mind when I began to paint. (Although I did take photographs that day in Colorado, I am working from memory and imagination, with only a very general image in mind.) I have been painting in the studio at Red Brick, trying to get there as often as possible. My schedule is crazy this week and I could only spend an hour each day on this, but I try not to let that stop me. Anyway, I took a photo of the painting each day. This is how the painting looked on Day 1.

No comments: