Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Flowering Plant (Pastel Makeover Day 1)

Flowering Plant (Pastel Makeover Day 1) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I went to Red Brick and had a chance to work on this pastel makeover, finishing a drawing that I started several years ago. First I added color to the flower pot. Then I added some blue and yellow tones to the green leaves. I eliminated one or two leaves that seemed confusing. I was working on defining lines and edges when I realized that the container was not centered. So I spent time moving the container, which meant re-doing the elipses, and checking them in a mirror. The elipses still need a bit of work, but it was time to pack up and go home. I will work on that next time; this is still a work in progress. To be continued. . .

No comments: