Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Lemons in a Square Glass Vase (Posterized Photo)

Lemons in a Square Glass Vase (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last week, I bought some lemons for cooking, and thought they would look nice in my new square glass vase (the container for my Mother's Day bouquet). I liked the shapes of the lemons in the square vase, and decided to take some pictures with my phonecam before I started dinner. I was rushing and it was hard to get the results I wanted. Of the pictures I took, this one came closest to the composition I was after, but it was slightly out of focus. I decided to open the image in Painter IX so I could posterize it. I adjusted the levels till I got the effect I wanted. The saying goes that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Sometimes you can also make art.

No comments: