Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunset View from Salem Willows


Sunset View from Salem Willows (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I took this photo tonight during an after-dinner walk at Salem Willows, an interesting old oceanside park with arcades and (indoor) kiddie rides, miniature golf, and a little row of stores where you can sample Chinese food, ice cream, pizza, or fried dough. You can take cruises from there or climb on the rocks or walk along the beach. There were lots of things to photograph (and I did, using my phonecam), but this is the image I like the best, a view of the sky and the ocean at sunset. I didn't have to do much to get this image. The color was perfect. I did a little cropping, and then used Painter IX's digital pastel to clean up a tiny but distracting mark in the water.

No comments: