Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of December 2




Heart Shaped Box as of December 2   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Well, it has been quite hectic lately: computer stress and time crunch, with a major Thanksgiving cooking marathon thrown in! This morning I caught myself thinking that I didn't have time to go to the studio. Wrong answer!  If I spend just an hour making art, I am happier for the rest of the day.  So early this morning I headed out to the studio, and spent some time working on this project.  I am covering this heart-shaped box with collage (and some decoupage), created from printed metallic ribbons.  Today I continued to work on the outside of the box (gold area).  It is fun to see the ribbons climb up the sides.  As I concentrated on pasting bits of ribbon,  I began to feel more peaceful.  Working on this project reminds me that small decisions matter, and goals are often accomplished in small steps.  That helps me in life, as well as in art.

No comments: