Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Pink and White Necklace in Progress




Pink and White Necklace in Progress   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Over the weekend, I had planned to get to the studio, but didn't go because of an unexpected snowstorm.  Instead, I decided to stay home and continue organizing my beads and other materials for making jewelry.  I didn't get very far with that either, because almost immediately I came across another necklace that I had started, so I decided to try to complete it.  At that point, the necklace only included the faux pearls and the gold caps at the ends.  I added the pink crystals and the little gold-colored roses.  (This wasn't easy. I miscounted one or twice, and at one point, the wire came out and the beads came apart, so I had to do overs.) When I was finally done, I liked the design.  But even with the beads I had added, the necklace is still just a bit too short, so I plan to add tiny gold beads to each end. I will have to get to a craft store to buy some, because I am all out, and I hope to have a chance to do that soon. In the meantime, I am posting this here as a work in progress.  This is costume jewelry, just for fun.  But even though the pearls aren't real, as an exercise in design, this is the genuine article.

No comments: