Monday, April 13, 2009

Blue Flowers in the Woods


Blue Flowers in the Woods
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This image began with a photo that I took during a recent trip to Long Hill Gardens (aka Sedgewick Gardens) here in Beverly, MA.  Blue flowers (forget-me-nots, I believe) are coming up all over the place, including wooded areas near the path.  It took my breath away, coming upon this from a distance! It looked like a carpet of blue under the trees, quite magical, like something out of a fairy tale!  So I took some photos.  Tonight I cropped one of the photos to get the composition I wanted.  Then I saw two small areas with some clumps of dried leaves that were just in the wrong place, so I opened the image in Painter, and corrected the problems with a little magic of my own, some cut and paste and a little digital pastel.  I also created a posterized version of this image, which I plan to publish here tomorrow.

No comments: