Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Roses in June


Roses in June
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I took this photograph yesterday. These beautiful roses were blooming near the house at Long Hill Gardens, and I saw them suddenly as we approached the house that stands in the middle of the garden. Roses are a treat at Long Hill in June, and especially nice for the lucky people who have June weddings on the property. I liked the pink roses against the spring green leaves.  (This has always been one of my favorite color combinations and in fact, I asked my bridesmaids to wear pink and green dresses at my wedding, a choice that some of them no doubt did not appreciate!) I thought the roses looked great against the backdrop of the old mansion, so I took this picture.  Tonight I edited it in iPhoto, straightening, cropping, and doing a little repair work on some leaves that had been chewed on by insects with great taste in flowers.

No comments: