Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Fantasy (Digital Still Life)


Spring Fantasy (Digital Still Life)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Tonight I took a break and started a sketch on my iPad. I just wanted to get some practice in with the Brushes application, so I started a little sketch of a bouquet of spring flowers, working from my imagination. (No real spring flowers here north of Boston, where the weather today was cold enough for snow flurries!). Anyway, this sketch took a lot longer than I intended, probably because I made it way to complicated as I began. Finally I used blue on my digital brush to correct some of the lines and to help me see where things were. I liked the look of the blue outlining, so I left some of it in, and did more outlining using other colors. I liked the result, and here it is.

No comments: