Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Necklace in Purple, Pink, and Silver

This is a necklace that I made last month when I was visiting my aunt. We went to a couple of great bead stores in Denver. Then we went back to her place and I put this together from what I had bought. My aunt helped me with the fasteners, something that is still quite a struggle for me. (She has been making jewelry for several years now, having started when she was in her eighties.) I forgot to write down what these beads are, but I think they are magnesite, dyed turquoise, twist beads, and the pendant looks like it might be agate. Anyway, I had a great time making jewelry with my Aunt Edy. I like the necklace and have already worn it several times, including to my high school reunion in Colorado, as well as to the Open Studios event at Porter Mills last week here in Beverly, MA. I have been meaning to photograph this necklace, and tonight I finally did. There are earrings, too. I plan to post a picture of them tomorrow.

No comments: