Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Chicken Collage Day 23 (June 5, 2012)

Lately, I have seen a lot of birds: chickens at Green Meadows Farm, guinea hens at Long Hill Gardens, and this morning, two big wild turkeys walking around on the lawn across the street. I took this as a cosmic reminder that it was time to work on my chicken collage, so I went up to the studio this afternoon. I am making a chicken out of patterns cut out of paper, and although the idea came to me all of a sudden while I was looking at some chickens, it is taking a while to finish it (my usual pattern with collage). Today I worked on filling in black and white pattern in the tail feathers. Cutting and fitting the tiny pieces is a lot like working on a miniature jig-saw puzzle. The work is tedious and it's hard to see progress, but I really like the way this collage turning out, so I am going to stick with it.

No comments: