Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Sunlight on the Nasturtiums

Sunlight on the Nasturtiums by randubnick
Sunlight on the Nasturtiums, a photo by randubnick on Flickr.
I took this photo on September 27th. That was a Thursday, pickup day for The Food Project (our CSA -- Community Supported Agriculture). Although the CSA will keep going for a few more weeks, this was our last chance of the season to visit "Fields of Flowers" (also at Long Hill Gardens) where you can pick your own bouquet. Although there are lots of tall zinnias and dahlias and mums, the nasturtiums are my favorite. You might miss them because they are low to the ground, and the blossoms are half-hidden behind the leaves. But I love the patterned leaves and the bright red-orange flowers. That day, the late afternoon sun was playing on the leaves, and I couldn't resist taking a picture. Tonight I used iPhoto to do a bit of retouching, and then cropped the image to get this composition.

No comments: