Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Magnolia Blossoms (Oil Bar Painting as of August 19, 2014)



Here is my oil bar painting as it looked yesterday (August 19) when I finished painting. (I am now a day behind in posting.) This is based on a photo that I took; the reference photo is posted here August 14. This is still a work in progress. Yesterday I straightened out some edges, and revised the composition, moving some blossoms around and eliminating others. For example, I painted out a blossom in the upper right corner. I think this composition works better because now the diagonal lines are stronger. This painting is part of a series of small oil bar paintings of branches. If you want to see the other paintings in the series, follow this link: www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/sets/72157646682793975/

No comments: