Friday, May 15, 2015

Codfish Project (Gilda), Back



I have been decorating a wooden cutout of a codfish. (For the 50th anniversary of the Marblehead Arts Festival, fifty local artists are decorating codfish.) The decorated codfish will be on display in Marblehead. Yesterday's post was a photo of the final version of my codfish, titled "Gilda". (I also painted the reverse side of my codfish to make it look more finished. Also, if it should be on display in a store window, the back may be visible from inside the store.) The edging of silver tissue paper was already as neat as I could make it, so I just painted the back with gold acrylic paint, and signed it with a silver ink pen. So now my codfish is signed, sealed, and delivered. I dropped my codfish off in Marblehead this afternoon.

No comments: