Sunday, February 21, 2016

Jute Border for Photo (Memory Imprints Project)


I have been working on adding color to a pair of old family photos. I am making keepsakes from these photos (this is a Memory Imprints project) and the client wants the photos mounted on a fabric backing. Although I was able to find ready-made jute-covered panels last year, this year they are no where to be found, so I made some myself. At this point, I am finished up the photo editing on the computer, and am almost there. I printed out a sample to make sure I had the size right. I liked the way the photo looked against the jute, so I took this picture, which just shows a bit of the corner of the photo. (I am going to stain the fabric before I am done.) If you want to know more about Memory Imprints, go to memoryimprints.net

No comments: