Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Gold Mountains (As of June 7, 2016)


Well, I am still working on the painting I started a couple of days ago. This landscape is done with acrylic paint used with water on watercolor paper. It is part of a series of paintings that I call "Mountain Daydreams," painted from my imagination and my memories of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. In these paintings, I use a lot of techniques that allow the water to do what it does, and since water also creates mountains as well as paintings, that seems to work. So there are a lot of happy (and unhappy) accidents involved. But after that, I do a lot of work to get what I want. In this case, I wanted more contrast between these two ridges, so I added some more green wash. . . Here is how it looked when I was done with that step.

No comments: