Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Shelli (Codfish Project as of Apr. 10, 2018)


This is a decorated wooden codfish that I am making for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts.  Local artists are creating decorated codfish to be auctioned off to benefit the Marblehead Arts Association. This is my fourth year participating, and this time my codfish, Shelli, will be decorated with a surface design of seashells. My. Two days ago, I primed the wooden cutout with gesso, and yesterday began laying out the design on the wood with pencil and a ruler.  I had already drawn the design on paper (posted here on April 8). My focus was just getting the basic spacing down.  If you want where this is headed, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," an entry from 2016: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: