Thursday, July 23, 2020

Lovely Guimarães (Digitally Modified Photo)


This is a digitally altered version of the photo that I posted here yesterday, a view of a busy street in Guimarães, Portugal. I took the original photo last July, from the passenger's seat of Mauro's car. We were looking for a parking place, and it wasn't easy to find one.  But you don't see any cars in this version. I want to use this photo as a painting reference for a watercolor. So yesterday,  I used my Painter program in my computer to remove all the cars (using a combination of cut-and-paste and digital pastel). This gives me a better idea of the composition, and something that I can work from more easily.  (And now, there's lots of parking!) I was having fun with this and decided to create a posterized version, which I plan to post here tomorrow.

No comments: