Thursday, July 30, 2020

Lovely Guimarães (Watercolor) as of July 30, 2020



Today I returned to this project, a watercolor inspired by a photo that I took last summer in Guimarães, Portugal. (My photo reference is posted here July 24.)  I was eager to try out some colors in my new watercolor set that arrived today.  For years, have been very happily using a small watercolor travel set (Winsor-Newton Cotman). I was nearly out of yellow and green, so planned to reorder just those two colors, but individual colors are so expensive that buying a new set actually made more sense. I have been doing just fine with the 14 colors in my travel set, but now I have 45. That won't necessarily make my paintings better, but it is might make painting easier and more fun. Today I started by added pinks and yellows  to the windows, reflecting the buildings across the street,  I worked on a few of the buildings, but spent a lot of time on the road, trying to make it behave, and to make the perspective work. To be continued. . . .

No comments: