Friday, July 10, 2020

Porto Hillside Near San Luis Bridge (Watercolor) as of July 10, 2020


I worked on this painting again today.  My inspiration is a photo taken by Mauro Maschkvich last July during our walk over the San Luis Bridge.  Today I began by changing the color of the peach-colored house.  I struggled to get the color right and am admitting here that I "cheated" by using some opaque white acrylic paint on that house so I could cover up the previous color and begin again.  After that I began to relax and have fun, feeling like I was wandering through this complicated landscape.  I added some boats docked on the Douro River, and some of the big "Port houses" on the opposite bank (Vila Nova de Gaia), and continued work on the many, many vine-covered walls on the Porto side.

No comments: