Friday, August 14, 2020

Lovely Guimarães (Watercolor) as of August 14, 2020



It was good to get back to this project after a couple of days away from it. My inspiration for this painting is a photo that I took during my visit to Portugal last summer. (That photo is posted here July 24th.) I have changed some of the colors and details, but I am trying to capture the charm of this scene, the windows reflecting the colors of the buildings on the other side of the street, and the happiness of being there. The basic idea of the painting is in place, but I am working on small details at the moment. I spent a little time modifying the color of the first building on the right, using some layers of white watercolor. Then I worked on the details around the doors and windows. I added some color to some of the other buildings, some tile to the rooftops, and some texture to the road, trying to suggest the texture of cobblestone. To be continued. . . .

No comments: