Friday, September 04, 2020

Reposting: Estes Park Memory (Acrylic Watermedia)



I am reposting this painting tonight because it is part of Galatea's re-opening group show, "Light from Above: Reemerging from Isolation." Artists were asked to submit something created during the pandemic, along with a statement about it.  This is what I said: "During Spring 2020 'lock down,' I rarely went out, not even to my studio, but continued painting at home for my solo show at Galatea, then scheduled for May (now postponed until November, due to Covid-19 and gallery flood).  My show, “Colorado Memories,” is to be of mountain landscapes, inspired by photos from childhood and family trips in my home state of Colorado.  Looking back at Spring 2020, I realize how much my painting relieved the isolation of lockdown, providing not only imaginary travel, but time travel." Tonight I attended the opening via Zoom and was able to see all the paintings at a distance. It's a great show, and now available online through artsy. Follow this link: "https://www.artsy.net/show/galatea-fine-art-light-from-above-emerging-out-of-isolation

No comments: