Monday, November 02, 2020

Photo of My Mom (with Prisma filter)



My mother has been gone quite a while now, 36 years actually, which means I have lived half my life without her. Well, not entirely without her, because I hear her voice, and can predict what she would say. I see traces of her in my daughter's laugh and in my son's raised eyebrow, and in all these ways and more, she has been with me all along.  My mother was born on November 2, and I like to mark the occasion every year. Today's schedule was more than full, and I wasn't going to be able to do an elaborate project, but still I wanted to do something. I started with one of my favorite photos of her, with the 1940s hairdo and the dramatic 1940s collar, still in the 1940s cardboard mat that identifies the photographer as "J. Raoul Turner, Pueblo,". This photo hangs in my hall and I see it when I go upstairs. This morning, I took the photograph down from the wall and took a picture of it, the fastest way to get the image into my iPhone.  Then I opened my Prisma app and experimented with filters till I found one that I liked. It added some soft color to the black and white, and heightened the texture as well. 

No comments: