Thursday, January 07, 2021

Reposting: Transformational Drawing Set 2 Number 1



While looking for something else in my home studio, I recently found this set of small drawings (approximately 5 x 7 inches each) from 2007.  I call them "transformational drawings" because I start with an unfinished piece of work on paper, cut it into 9 pieces, and draw into each piece to create new (separate) works.  I am reposting them now because this is such a time of change and it seems fitting. This set tranformed an unfinished acrylic landscape to a set of 9 mixed media landscapes.   When I posted this back in 2007, I said, "The red sun and everything else in that rectangle at the top are pretty much as they were in the original acrylic painting . . . .First I added the horizontal and vertical pencil lines. Then I used conte crayon to draw in the line for the shape of the mountain. Then I drew into the shapes with conte crayon to get the colors I wanted."  The title of this piece says "Set 2" because I created an earlier set. Set 1 was made up of bright landscapes from an abandoned figure painting.  A couple of years ago, someone bought all of Set 1 off my studio wall at Porter Mill. I still miss Set 1, and am thinking of framing up Set 2.) If you want to see my first set of transformational drawings, click here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/albums/72157645108627234


No comments: