Friday, February 26, 2021

Polka Dot Animation (in Procreate)



In February, around my birthday, I decided to learn animation this year.  I have been watching videos and doing hands-on tutorials in Adobe Animate, a very powerful and complicated program.  I am working on it every day and I will get there.  But today, while searching for an online animation tutorial for Adobe Animate, I stumbled across a video tutorial about animation in Procreate (!!!).  I have been using the Procreate drawing program for years, but didn't really pay attention when "Animation Assist" was added in an upgrade.  So today I watched that video tutorial and read  about animation in the Procreate online handbook, and this morning created this extremely short and simple little animation.  This has not changed my plans to learn Adobe Animate, so much more powerful than Procreate's animation function.  But I am also going to learn to animate with Procreate, which is already familiar to me, more intuitive, and portable (on my iPad).  I'll stop now as this explanation is now far longer than my little video. 

No comments: