Tuesday, May 04, 2021

Coral, A Color Field Cod (as of May 4, 2021)



This year, I am participating in the cod auction, to benefit Marblehead Festival of Arts, something I do every year -- except last year, when the event was cancelled due to Covid.  This year I am painting a coral cod, a real variety that is bright orange with blue dots and kind of reminds of a color field painting, hence the name. Today, once the surfaces of my wooden form were primed and dry,  I was able to get started.  Yesterday I posted my "digital rehearsal" of the project, created on the computer with digital color overlaid on a photo of the wooden cutout (see post from May 3). Today I used a print out of my "digital rehearsal" as a guide as I sketched in lines with pale gray chalk.  I also used the chalk to mark the position of the markings.  Then I used a little bit of blue paint to revise the position of the markings.  The shapes are justed roughed in, but I am pretty happy with the layout. To be continued. . .

No comments: