Monday, November 22, 2021

Near Colorado Springs (Acrylic Watermedia Painting with Pasted Paper)



Here is my painting, finished on November 20th, ready in the nick of time to be delivered this weekend it to Galatea Fine Art for the annual members' show in December. My painting reference was a picture that I took on June 9, 2018, during a trip to my home state. (My painting reference is posted here, October 19th). The last step in finishing the painting was to change the green in the foreground. While I had been reworking the foreground shapes, the color had become too bright a green for Colorado, even in June. So I mixed up some more of that Colorado sage green and now this looks more like home to me. When I see this view, I know I am nearing the Springs, heading to see old friends.

No comments: