Sunday, November 14, 2021

Vinnie (Painting as of November 10, 2021)



I am continuing work on this pet portrait, and here is how it looked on November 10th.  I am enjoying getting to know Vinnie; I feel like I know his face now. I am working on make sure things are in the right position, so I am making minor changes as I go.  I am checking and rechecking the position of Vinnie's body as well as the tilt of his head, trying to maintain the likeness as I make adjustments to the pose.  I have learned to think of time as part of my artist materials, especially when I am painting a portrait.  Taking the time to look and look again helps me spot things that need to change, and helps me avoid painting my mistakes into my finished work. I would rather take my time and get it right. But I am making progress and hope to finish this portrait soon. . .

No comments: