Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Mountain Road (To Breckenridge): Painting as of December 11, 2021)



Here is the mountain landscape I am working on as it looked on December 11th (though I actually photographed it the next morning.)  As with my most recent mountain painting, I am using acrylic paint and pasted paper. I am using colored tissue paper to establish shapes, based on my photo reference (posted here December 12th). Working this way puts the emphasis on strong, simple shapes that I then paint into.  In addition, I am also using the pasted paper for color mixing. For example,  that dark green (the darkest area) began with pasted maroon tissue paper, which I then painted into with a medium green (Hooker's Green).  Working in a new way is exciting but scary.  I take courage because this method worked well for my last painting ("Near Colorado Springs," posted here November 20th.)

No comments: