Friday, January 14, 2022

Front Range Thunderstorm (Painting as of January 5, 2022)



This is my painting, "Front Range Thunderstorm" as it looked on January 5, 2022, when I used acrylics to paint into the shapes of clouds, sky, and mountains that I had formed with pasted tissue paper.  I use the paint to smooth out the shapes and adjust the colors.  I often mix the paint with acrylic medium, which adds another transparent acrylic layer that acts like a glue.  I am working from a photo that I took in 2006 during a thunderstorm in Colorado Springs.* But even though I am painting a rainstorm, I decided to include the sun peeking through the clouds, as it often does during those fast-moving late afternoon thunderstorms in Colorado.
*Painting reference posted here January 1, 2022.

 

No comments: