Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Near Garden of the Gods (Digitally Altered Photo for Painting Reference)



I love Garden of the Gods, and over the years, during visits back to my home state, I have had a chance to visit there with  friends who live in Colorado Springs. The rock formations are spectacular, but I have never tried to paint them. But recently I  came across a photo that I took as we drove toward Garden of the Gods. I liked the way those odd  rock formations seemed to be layered between the blue mountains in the background and the sage green hills in the foreground.  I decided that this would be a good approach to painting the Garden of the Gods, and that made me happy. But in the original version of this photo,  there was a tree or two blocking the view, so I used Painter's cut-and-past and digital pastel to move things around a bit. The result, my painting reference, is posted here.

No comments: