Thursday, May 05, 2022

Pink Fantasy at Russell Orchard Pond (Inspiration for Painting)



This week I decided to paint a local scene -- possibly to enter in an upcoming art show, if I can get it finished by the deadline (which is fast approaching).  I looked at a lot of photos, but when I found this one, it made me want to paint right away! I took this photo in 2005 at Russell's Orchard in Ipswich.  This is a scene around the pond there, and those hot pink wetland plants bloom in August here in Massachusetts. I have an ongoing series of New England landscapes painted in oil bar.  The paintings in that  series are all 20 x 20, so before I could use this as a painting reference, I needed to crop it into a square format.  I thought I that while I was at it, I would edit the image in Painter and change a few details to improve the composition.  To be continued. . .

No comments: