Friday, October 14, 2022

Pergola at Long Hill (Oil Bar Painting as of October 10, 2022)



Here is my oil bar painting as it looked on October 10, 2022., last Monday.  I had been working on this painting for an art show, and it was due to be turned in on the 14th or 15th.  The painting wasn't finished but I needed to "seal" the sides with paint, but it would take several days to dry, so it was time to start. So this painting was turned sideways on the easel.  At first, I thought that meant I wouldn't be able to work on it, but I realized that I often turn paintings upside-down to work on them.  So I turned my photo reference sideways too, and kept going, although I didn't attempt major changes.  I worked on light and dark on the Pergola and developed some detail in the foreground.  When I took this photo, the painting was still on its side.

No comments: