Thursday, March 02, 2023

First Bouquet (Digital Pastel)



I call this "First Bouquet" because it is my first attempt at drawing with Painter 2023, update installed a few days ago.  I have watched several tutorials but even on the computer, sometimes the best way to learn to make art is to just make art.  So I went back to basics, using familiar subject matter and tools that I have used often.  I am still struggling to find and use basic controls, but I managed,  though at one point I think I changed the paper color or something, and suddenly the "eraser" was making bright red marks. Good thing I knew where the "undo" button was.  (I still can't find the "crop" tool, so I had to crop this image after I imported it to iPhoto.)  Anyhow, I am happy with these little flowers.  I also created a version of this image with the "woodcut" effect applied, and I plan to post that here tomorrow.

No comments: