Thursday, April 20, 2023

Rosa (Codfish Project) as of April 20, 2023



Here is Rosa, my codfish project, as she looks today.  This year, Rosa will be my donation to the annual Cod Auction to benefit Marblehead Festival of Arts.  (Area artists are given wooden codfish cutouts to decorate so they can be displayed in Marblehead and auctioned online.)  Rosa is going to be decorated with white lattice and beach roses (also called rosa rugosa).  Today I finally began adding paint, starting with yellow centers of the flowers and the green leaves.  I am using acrylic paint and teeny-tiny brushes.  The white area is still just primer, which will be covered with a couple of coats of titanium white. I am happy with the way the pattern is turning out.  Over the past few years, I have learned that when you decorate a codfish, you have to adjust your pattern to accommodate the shape of the fish..  This year I did that by substituting rosebuds for roses in the smaller areas.

No comments: