Monday, August 28, 2023

My Dad at 21 (Rescued Photo)



This photo of my father was among a batch of pictures given to me by my Aunt Celia, a few years after my father's death.  I keep those photos in a little album, and this picture is usually inserted into the front of the album, to serva as a cover.  I was looking for a picture of my father today, and decided to take this one out of the album and scan it in to the computer.  It's a nice photo, this point had lots of deep cracks and small marks. I decided to see if I could rescue it.  Once I opened the image in iPhoto, I was able to fix the marks and small cracks, and once that was done, it was possible to enhance the contrast a bit. There is not much information on the back of the photo: just Feb 11 1929, Hy.  So my father was 21 at the time. I don't know who took this picture -- I wondered if it was my Uncle Ike. Possible, I guess, but it seems unlikely that they would have already known each other.   In any case, the photographer did a great job. It's nice to have this portrait of my father as a young man.  I am posting this today because he was born on August 28.

No comments: