Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Vine-Covered Shed (Digital Drawing as of August 14, 2023)



Here is my digital drawing of the vine-covered shed as it looked on August 14th.  I used the Procreate app on my iPad for this drawing.  I have been spending some time trying to work out the best way to create line drawings from my photos.  This time, I used Procreate's layers and did some selective tracing to capture the lines I wanted to have in my drawing.  This was good practice because I have only rarely used layers.*  And for the first time, I used the "drawing assist" function to draw the straight lines of the building and roof.  (Seems fair, since you can't really use a ruler to draw on your eye pad.)  Anyway, I was happy enough with the result, but decided I wanted to make some changes to the composition. (To be continued.)
*It was also practice in general because as I am returning to drawing from last month's arm injury.

No comments: