Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Manitou Springs Fantasy (Painting as of October 11, 2023)



Here is my painting as it looked on October 11.  At this point, I had modified the color of the slope on the right, bringing back green tones, but more subtle this time. I added some gold highlights to suggest roads, as well as a bit of turquoise to relate to the sky.  I also added some pink highlights and washes to the golden slope as well as the slope in the lower left, trying to tie the colors of the two areas together, and also reflect some of the colors of the sky.  So I had been focussing on the colors, and was happier with the way the areas were beginning to come together.  But something was still bothering me, and as the color issues began to resolve, I realized that I wanted to change the composition.  So I made a beginning, and you can see here that I had begun to modify the shape of the golden slope.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: