Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Spring at Kelleher Pond (Painting as of Jan. 29, 2024)



Here is my painting as it looked on January 29th.  I began to introduce oil bar, using a new set of colors that I bought last year.  I had to do some experimenting to see what each of the oil bars would do.  Some are transparent, some opaque, and some translucent, and none an exact match with the colors on the canvas. You can apply oil bar over acrylic but you cannot apply acrylic over oil bar, so in a way, there was no going back.  (And I was trying to make a deadline.) But I decided to live dangerously.  I started by applying some pale yellow and translucent white to the yellow patches on the path, and that toned things down a bit.  I used a dark blue color as a neutral to blend in the purple shadows.  I also used it to sharpen some of the dark lines.  I was trying to apply oil bar where it would be helpful, but not everywhere because I wanted the bright colors of the acrylic paint to show through.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: