Tuesday, April 21, 2026

Autumn Woods at Long Hill (Painting as of April 21, 2026)


Here is my painting of the autumn woods as it looked on April 21st.  You can still see the faint lines of the grid from the sketch I had drawn on the canvas a few days before.  I had used blue conte crayon in my sketch to outline basic shapes. My plan was to begin with acrylic paint, and add some oil bar later.  So I began painting by simply going over the trees with a wet brush. Then I used some transparent acrylic paint to establish where the brightest colors would go, especially the red and yellow.  I also establish the backdrop of trees with a layer of blue-gray, and added brown lines to indicate the trees in the background. And I added some blue for the sky. To be continued. . . .

No comments: