In early September, I decided to submit this painting to another local art show This time the venue would be Beverly Bootstraps Thrift Show, which hosts a small art show. So I applied and the painting was accepted. Although the show was scheduled for October, I needed to deliver my painting in September. As I was getting the painting ready, I decided to take a few minutes to fix something that was bothering me. I had noticed that the lines of one or two of the trees had become less defined and a bit irregular; this probably happened when I was adding contrast. So I quickly fixed the lines of a couple of trees. Then I wrapped up the painting, headed downtown, and dropped it off. I am often teased because I find it hard to actually "stop" when a painting is finished. In this case, though, I am glad I made the changes. This painting is now on display in "The Frame: at 198" and the theme of the show is "Haunts" ("celebrating local spots and local spirits"). I chose this painting because it is based on a photo that I took in October at Long Hill, which is one of my local haunts. The show is up through the end of the month, with a reception on October 23rd.
Tuesday, September 22, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment