Sunday, April 05, 2020

Mountains from Garden of the Gods (Digitally Modified Photo)


Today I looked through my photos to find a reference for my next painting, which I hope to start tomorrow.  (My next show is going to be a series of paintings based on my memories of Colorado.)  One of the photos I found was a picture of the mountains taken from the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs.  It was a great vacation photo, but to make it into a painting reference, I had to copy the image and do some digital slight of hand, which included removing the people (including myself) and filling in the gaps with cut-and-paste and digital pastel.  I posterized the result. What I was after was the view of those mountains, and in the foreground, just a bit of the red rocks of Garden of the Gods.

No comments: