Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Hasty Charoses (Rough Sketch for Illustration)


Today I started this rough sketch for a recipe illustration.  The recipe is for charoses, a kind of fruit and nut spread used at Passover.  This recipe has only three ingredients--dates, almonds, and oranges--and I worried that that wasn't enough to work with, but I decided to add the leaves from the date palm, the almond tree, and orange blossoms and leaves.  That seemed more fun to me. I have been thinking about a circular shape, like a mandala. I was trying to hurry, so I traced the circles using four or five lids taken from my pots and pans cabinet, which made me laugh.  I worked in pencil and things got pretty messy.  I did a little digital cleanup to make this sketch more presentable.  Anyway, I had a good time and I think this will work. To be continued.

No comments: