Monday, April 17, 2023

Rosa (Codfish Project) as of April 17, 2023



This is the wooden codfish cutout that I am decorating for the Cod Auction, to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art. Some 50 area artists decorate a codfish, to be displayed and then auctioned online. (People can bid from anywhere. . .) This year, I am decorating my codfish with white lattice and the beach roses that grow near the water around here.  The scientific name for the beach rose is "rosa rugosa", so I named my fish Rosa. I have been priming my wooden cutout and meanwhile working out my design on paper and cardboard.  But today was the first day I actually began drawing the design onto the wooden cutout.  I drew in the lattice, working from the cardboard pattern I made. I measured carefully and made delicate lines in case I need to make changes.  Now I think the lines are all in the right place and I am eager to see what Rosa will look like. . .  

No comments: