Saturday, April 22, 2023

Rosa (Codfish Project) as of April 22, 2023



I had a chance to work on this project this afternoon. I am creating this codfish for the annual Cod Auction to benefit Marblehead Festival of Arts. Each year, area artists decorate wooden codfish, which are then displayed in Marblehead and auctioned on line. (People can bid from anywhere.)  This year, my codfish is decorated with beach roses on a white lattice.  Beach roses are also called rosa rugosa, so I decided to name my fish Rosa.  Today I added the blue background in the squares (as well as blue outline and Rosa's blue eye).  This is the final design as I planned it, but the white areas are still just primer and need to be painted with titanium white.  And there is a lot of cleanup to do and tiny changes to make so that Rosa will look her best. When all of that is done, I will post a picture before I deliver Rosa to Marblehead.

No comments: