Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Rosa (Codfish Project) as of April 25, 2023



Here is Rosa as she looks today, still a work in progress.  'Rosa' is the title of the wooden codfish cutout that I am decorating for the annual Cod Auction to benefit Marblehead Festival of Arts.  I named her Rosa because I am decorating her with beach roses (also called rosa ragusa).  When I last posted, three days ago, I said I was going to just fix mistakes, do some cleanup, and then post a picture when I was ready to deliver Rosa to Marblehead.  But after I worked on this today, I decided Rosa looked sufficiently different to warrant a post.  I have painted over the primer, and the titanium white brightens things up.  I have also been working on some of the lines.  And today, I repainted the flowers, which now are a bit deeper pink.  Still more cleanup to go, so consider this a progress report. 

No comments: