Monday, May 08, 2023

Rosa (Codfish Project)



This is Rosa, the wooden codfish that I decorated for the Cod Auction, to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art.* This year, I decorated my codfish with "rosa rugosa" (aka beach roses) peeking through white lattice.  Late last week I finished up, attached the hanging hardware, and put her up on the wall to see how she would look.  This is the last photo of Rosa before I drove to Marblehead to delivery her.  I have become quite fond of Rosa and am sorry to say goodbye but she will soon have a professional photo and her own web page for the auction.  Hope she will find a good home! 
*(Every year, area artists are invited to decorate a codfish. These creations are displayed in Marblehead and then auctioned (on-line so people can bid from anywhere.)

No comments: