Monday, May 01, 2023

Rosa (Codfish Project) finishing up



Here is Rosa, my decorated codfish, as she looks today. This is for the Codfish Auction, wherein area artists decorate wooden codfish cutouts which are auctioned off to benefit Marblehead Festival of Art.  I have participated for a few years now, and it is lots of fun.  Although the decorated codfish are displayed in Marblehead, the auction is online so people are able to see all the entries and bid from anywhere.  This year, I decorated my fish with pink beach roses peeking through white lattice.  Those lovely roses that grow near area beaches have a scientific name: rosa rugosa, which why I decided to name my fish Rosa. I am ready to say that this is finished.  I added an extra rosebud to balance the composition, and then repainted everything, especially the rosebuds, and the design is completed.  I have painted the sides and the back.  Still to do: apply a coat of transparent matte medium to seal this, sign this (on the back), and attach the hardware for hanging. Then she will be ready for the trip to Marblehead next weekend.

No comments: